In today's blog we thought we would share this creamy soup recipe that we are currently in love with!
Beetroot and turmeric soup is super easy, tasty and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Beetroot is packed with essential nutrients like iron, Vitamin C and potassium while ginger and turmeric possess amazing anti-inflammatory properties (amongst other things!).
What you will need:
Two large beetroots
2 cm of ginger
2 pieces of garlic
1-2 teaspoons of turmeric
Small amount of birds eye chilli pepper
400ml can of coconut milk
1.5 glass of water
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Fresh coriander or parsley
1. Oven bake the beetroot in 180 degrees heat until soft (around 60 minutes). Alternatively you can use cooked beetroots if you prefer.
2. Heat the frying oil in a pan and add the beetroot from the oven.
3. Grate the ginger and add it to the baked beetroot alongside the chopped chilli and turmeric powder.
4. Add coconut milk then water, salt and pepper.
5. Blend together and cook until boiled for around 5 minutes.
6. Add lemon juice and chopped coriander (or parsley) as garnish.
7. Enjoy your delicious and nutritious soup!